Installing AutoCAD 2000i on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire AutoCAD 2000i CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\acad2000i
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\acad2000i folder, and click Run. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\acad2000i (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2000i as usually prompted by default)**
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\acad2000i folder and click Fix.
- Now, you can happily run your AutoCAD 2000i on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- download the locked AutoCAD 2000i sp2 from here or download the unlocked AutoCAD 2000i sp2 from here
- Next, unzip and save the service pack file to c:\Autodesk\sp – do not install yet
- Go back into the Converter, select the 3rd tab, select the c:\Autodesk\sp folder and click Fix.
- Install the 2000i sp2 by running either the c:\Autodesk\sp\u090_u181p.exe for unlocked or c:\Autodesk\sp\u090_u181p_swl.exe for locked
- Once your sp is installed, start the Longbow Converter tool again; we are going to repeat some of the steps from the original installation before. Select the 2nd tab, pick the copy of your AutoCAD 2000i CD on your hard drive which last time was in c:\Autodesk\acad2000i folder, now select the 3rd tab, select the install folder c:\acad2000i now click Fix.
- Now, you can happily run your AutoCAD 2000i with sp2 on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.