Your 64bit AutoCAD 2008 was never designed to run in Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 64bit (these versions of Windows are newer than AutoCAD 2008). In order for your AutoCAD 2008 to run as it did in previous versions of Windows, you need to follow these easy steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Install your 64bit AutoCAD 2008 as normal.
- Once the installation process is complete, close the setup program then start the Converter software
- Select the 3rd tab “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- Using the “…” button, pick the newly installed C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008 folder
- Finally, click the “Fix Old Program” button.
- LEGAL NOTE: No copyrighted program files are modified or touched in anyway.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD 2008 64bit on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 64bit.
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD