If you are trying to install your old version of AutoCAD MDT 6 on new versions of Windows you can run into lots of problems. Because there are so many issues, we created an App called the Longbow Converter to automatically smooth over installation and running issues for you.
All you need to do is follow these steps to install your AutoCAD MDT 6 on Windows 10 and make it work…
How to install AutoCAD MDT 6 on Windows
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
I recommend that you follow these steps precisely so to eliminate the risk of something going wrong with the install…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Insert your MDT 6 CD into your computer
- Start the Longbow Converter tool
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver”
- Using the “. . .” button, pick your MDT 6 CD
- Now click the “Run Old Installer” button
- Next, just follow the Converter’s instructions.
- Once the MDT 6 setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mdt2002 (not Program Files (x86)\Mechanical Desktop 6 as usually prompted by default)**
- Once installed, completely close the setup application
- Now go back to the Converter app and make sure it’s completed the final stage of processing using the “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver” tab
- Finally, reboot your PC and run your AutoCAD as normal
- If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD Copyright 2018 (c) Longbow Software
Copyright 2019 (c) Longbow Software