Installing your AutoCAD R13 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
How to install AutoCAD R13
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire AutoCAD R13 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\acadR13
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\acadR13 folder, and click Run. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Now, I know it’s unheard of these days, but at this point expect to wait at least 45 minutes for your AutoCAD R13 setup.exe program to appear. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal
- Now carry on with the install… Ignore any errors
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\R13 folder and click Fix.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD R13
- Create a shortcut on your Desktop pointing to c:\R13\acad.exe (working folder c:\R13)