NOTE: We currently only US unlocked versions of 2004 on 64bit OS. European or locked US support 2004 is limited only to 32bit Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10.
Installing AutoCAD Mechanical 2004 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Using Windows Explorer, your MDT 2004 CD to your hard drive, to folder path c:\Autodesk\InstallCDs\mdt2004
- Start the Longbow Converter tool…
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver“,
- Now pick the ‘…’ button and select the folder path c:\Autodesk\InstallCDs\mdt2004
- Now click the “Run Old Installer…” button.
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mdt2004 (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD Mechanical 2004**
- If you see an error in install “.NET Runtime Optimization Service has stopped working” – simply ignore by clicking the “Close Program” button
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool…
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- pick the newly installed c:\mdt2004 folder and click “Fix Old Program…“.
- Now you can run happily your MDT 2004 in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: If you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues“, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…”