Installing AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005 (ADT 2005) on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
IMPORTANT NOTE: Autodesk no longer supply License Activation codes for this version of AutoCAD. The best way is to transfer your existing license to the new PC but there are other options, we document them here
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Copy your AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005 installation CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\adt2005
- If you have more than one CD, simply copy them all directly over the top of the first CD, basically, overwrite all CD1 files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\adt2005 folder with CD2
- Start the Longbow Converter tool
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD installer Reviver“
- Pick the c:\Autodesk\adt2005 folder
- Click the “Run Old Installer” button.
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, with these exceptions…
- When you click the Install link from your setup you may see a dialog box appear saying – “This program has compatibility issues” – simply check the “Don’t show this message again” and then click the “Run the program without getting help”.
- When you arrive at the installation folder path setup dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\adt2005 (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005 as prompted by default)**.
- Once installed, make sure you fully close the AutoCAD Architectural Desktop setup program (because the Converter is waiting for the setup program to close) then
- Go back to the Converter tool
- Select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver”
- Pick the newly installed c:\adt2005 folder and click the “Fix” button at the bottom.
- Next, run your AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005
- NOTE: If you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues”, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program without getting help”
- You can now run your AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005 on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 but first we recommend you install the following Service Packs…
Installing AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2005 Service Pack 1
- English Users obtain AutoCAD Architecture ADT 2005 sp1 from here
- Now copy your newly downloaded sp (for English users the filename is adt2005swlsp1enu.exe) to folder path c:\Autodesk\sp
- Start the Converter, select the 3rd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\sp folder and click Fix.
- Now run the adt2005swlsp1enu.exe from Windows explorer to install as normal.
– If your ADT menuing system does not appear correctly for some reason, start AutoCAD, type CUILOAD at the command line, pick Browse and navigate to %APPDATA%\Autodesk\ADT 2005\enu\Support, pick the adt.cui file, then click Load
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
- If all else fails, call Autodesk – they can authorize your software for you; you will need to give them proof of purchase, your serial number and request code.
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Hello, can you please tell me if the above description for Architecture 2005 also applies to LDD 2005? I have LDD 2005, and recently began getting a fatal error when importing/exporting points (otherwise it works normally as far as I can tell).
Would you happen to know how I can find the service pack(s) for LDD 2005? (the one that I have found on this site says “expired”).
here are the instructions for LDT 2005 https://blog.longbowsoftware.com/installing-autodesk-land-desktop-2005-on-windows-7-windows-8-and-windows-8-1/
Also, the sp can be found here – https://www.cadmasters.com/techsupp/ldt/ldt.html#ldt2005