This post solves all the problems related to installing and running Retain Pro 6 on Windows 10
How to install Retain Pro 6
NOTE: To ensure success, follow the instructions precisely as documented including using the same folder names and paths.
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Reviver App here (you will need V4.28 or newer)
- Start the Reviver App and note the user interface
- Insert your Retain Pro CD into the CDRom drive, then click back to the Reviver App…
- From the “Old Installer Reviver” tab, use the ‘…’ button to pick your Retain Pro CD in the CDRom
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer‘ button
- Follow the instructions for copying the CD
- Once the CD is copied the Reviver App will run a process on the copy of the CD, then launch the setup.
- Be patient as the process can take up to 45 minutes!
- Once the setup appears, stop and read the next step
- Once the setup application appears, install as normal except…
- When you close setup, Retain Pro will be launched automatically – you must close Retain Pro in order to finish the final step
- Once you have closed the setup, Retain Pro will start automatically – close it.
- Now back in the Reviver App…
- pick the “Old Program Reviver” tab
- Using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\RP6 folder
- Now click ‘Fix Old Program‘
- When it asks if you want to re-register, say No
- Once the Reviver App displays “Success!” you will now be able to run your Retain Pro 6 (run c:\RP6\rp6.exe
- no notes yet
Copyright 2021 (c) Longbow Software