This post solves all the problems related to installing and running Adobe Acrobat 5 on Windows 10
- If you have other Adobe products that you are having issues with please contact us so we can help you
How to Adobe Acrobat 5
NOTE: To ensure success, follow the instructions precisely as documented including using the same folder names and paths.
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Reviver App here (you will need V4.28 or newer)
- Start the Reviver App and note the user interface
- Insert your Adobe Acrobat CD into the CDRom drive, then click back to the Reviver App…
- From the “Old Installer Reviver” tab, use the ‘…’ button to pick your Adobe Acrobat CD
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer‘ button
- Follow the instructions for copying the CD
- Once the CD is copied the Reviver App will run a process on the copy of the CD, then launch the setup.
- Be patient as the process can take up to 45 minutes!
- Once the setup appears, stop and read the next step
- Once the setup application appears, enter your information as normal except when you get to the installation folder…
- You **must** change the default path to c:\adobe\acrobat5.5 (see image below)
- do not reboot the PC if prompted to do so
- Now complete the setup process as normal
- do not reboot if prompted to do so
- remember to fully close setup once completed
- Now back in the Reviver App…
- pick the “Old Program Reviver” tab
- Using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\adobe\acrobat5.5 folder
- Now click ‘Fix Old Program‘
- When it asks if you want to re-register, say Yes
- Once the Reviver App displays “Success!” you will now be able to run your Adobe Acrobat.
- If you see the message below, ignore like this…
- no notes yet
Copyright 2021 (c) Longbow Software