As a CAP Studio user, you need AutoCAD installed… But when you try installing AutoCAD you get one of these error messages…
- This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD
- You cannot install this product on the current operating system
- You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system
- This is a 32-bit AutoCAD. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows
Here’s how to get around those errors…
How to install AutoCAD for use with CAP Studio 20-20
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Start In the Converter App and note the user interface
- Select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- Using the “. . .” button, selection your AutoCAD CD
- Next, click the “Convert“ button and follow instructions
- Once the conversion process is complete
- click Install/Run Setup to start setup
- Simply install as normal, remembering to…
- Close the setup program when finished.
- Once AutoCAD is installed, close the Converter app
- At this point AutoCAD will now run as normal!
Now that AutoCAD is installed, install CAP Studio…
- Insert your CAP Studio installation media and pick install as normal.
- NOTE: The sentinel software may inform you that it failed to install, if it does, it will ask if you still want to carry on with the installation, simply pick Yes and let it install – it should work fine.
- Once CAP Studio installs…
- run AutoCAD as normal
- Once AutoCAD has started up, type ‘CAP‘ at the AutoCAD commandline
- Notice CAP Studio is now running perfectly on Windows 64bit inside of AutoCAD 32bit!
Copyright 2019 (c) Longbow Software