How to install AutoCAD MDT 5 on Windows
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
I recommend that you follow these steps precisely so to eliminate the risk of something going wrong with the install…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Insert your MDT 5 CD into your computer
- Start the Longbow Converter tool
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver”
- Using the “. . .” button, pick your MDT 5 CD, and click Run and follow the Converter’s instructions.
- Once the MDT 5 setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mdt2000i (not Program Files (x86)\Mechanical Desktop 5 as usually prompted by default)**
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver”
- Using the ‘. . .’ button
- pick the newly installed c:\mdt2000i folder
- click “Fix Old Program“.
- Now, you can happily run your MDT 5 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10