Installing AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 5 (MDT R5) on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Insert your MDT 5 CD into your computer
- Start the Longbow Converter tool
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver”
- Using the “..” button, pick your MDT 5 CD, and click Run and follow the Converter’s instructions.
- Once the MDT 5 setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mdt2000i (not Program Files (x86)\Mechanical Desktop 5 as usually prompted by default)**
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver”
- pick the newly installed c:\mdt2000i folder and click Fix.
- Now, you can happily run your MDT 5 on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.