This post solves all of the problems related to installing and running ORCAD 9 on 64bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Common issues are like this one shown below which prevents installation…
How to install ORCAD 9
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Reviver App here (you will need V4.25 or newer)
- Start the Reviver App and note the user interface
- Insert your ORCAD CD
- From the “Old Installer Reviver” tab, use the ‘…’ button to pick your ORCAD CD.
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer‘ button
- Follow the instructions for copying the CD
- Once the CD is copied the Reviver App will run a process on the copy of the CD, then launch the setup.
- Be patient as the process can take up to 45 minutes.
- Once the setup appears, stop and read the next step
- Once the setup application appears, go through the setup as normal except when you get to select the installation folder (Destination Directory)…
- You **must** change the default path to c:\orcad9
- do not run ORCAD at the end of the setup because an extra step is needed to fix the program files.
- Once the setup is completed, go back to the Reviver App and wait for Success! to be displayed.
- Finally, back in the Reviver App, pick the “Old Program Reviver” tab
- Using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\orcad9 path
- Now click ‘Fix Old Program‘
- When the Reviver App asks if you want to re-register, say Yes
- Once the Reviver App displays Success! you can run your c:\orcad9 happily ever after.
Copyright 2020 (c) Longbow Software