***** NOTE: This solution is currently broken, we are actively trying to resolve it – more soon *****
Installing Inventor 2007 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here – you will need V8.11 or newer
- Copy your entire Inventor R11/Inventor 2007 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\inventor2007
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\inventor2007 folder, and click “Run Old Installer”. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, with these exceptions…
- When you click the Install Autodesk Inventor 11 link from your setup you may see a dialog box appear saying – “This program has compatibility issues” – if this happens, simply check the “Don’t show this message again” and then click the “Run the program without getting help”.
- I recommend that you do not install Vault or Autodesk Data Management Server – disable these options in the setup
- When you arrive at the installation folder path setup dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\inventor2007\ (not Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\)**
- If there are any errors installing .NET Framework Runtime 1.1 sp1 – simply ignore and continue.
- You may see an error “error 26001. Cannot connect to Internet Information Server. (-2147221164) ” – I’m not sure what causes this problem, most likely Autodesk has shutdown the service, but you should simply click “Ignore” if you see this message.
- You may see an additional error popup “Error 29001. Vault management error: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.” – simply ignore by clicking “OK”
- Once installed, make sure you fully close the Autodesk Inventor 11 setup program (because the Converter is waiting for the setup program to fully close) then go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\inventor2007 folder and click “Fix Old Program”.
- Next, before running your Inventor 2007, install all the sp’s in chronological order (NOTE if you cannot install the sp’s, see the Troubleshooting section below)
- Now you can run your Autodesk Inventor 11 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: When starting Inventor 11, if you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues”, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…”
– If you cannot install your Inventor 11 Service Packs because of an error “The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may be a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch” – rather than try and solve this issue, the easiest solution is:
- To go back to your old Windows XP machine and make sure that all of the sp’s are installed on your old Windows XP machine’s installation of inventor 11
- Next, simply copy all of the Inventor 11 program files and folders from your old Windows XP machine to a USB drive – copy the “contents” of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor
- Now transfer the USB to your new machine and copy the files that were on your old Windows XP machine’s C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor folder into your newly installed c:\inventor2007 folder – you should see a question if you should overwrite all files, say YES
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of Inventor please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Did you ever find a fix for the problem?
yes, it is solved
Does it work on windows 10?
Yes, it does 100%