NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation of AutoCAD ADT 2011…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD® Architecture®”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD® Architecture® 2011. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
Installing AutoCAD Architecture 2011 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter tool here
- Start the Converter App
- If you have ADT 2011 CDs, insert the first CD into your CDRom
- In the Converter App, using the “…” button, select your CDRom drive, click OK and follow the instructions presented by the Converter tool user interface
- Move to step (5)
- If you have a single self extracting “??_sfx.exe” downloaded from Autodesk
- Run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\ADT2012), now click OK.
- Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, note that the ADT 2011 setup will automatically launch – make sure you close the setup and move to the next step.
- Now, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- Next, using the ‘…‘ button select the newly created c:\Autodesk\ADT2012 folder
- Next, in the Converter App, click the ‘Convert‘ button
- Once the conversion process is complete, simply click the “Install/Run Setup“ to start the setup.
- Now, just install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users…
- Once the installation process is complete, close the Setup program
- go back to the Converter…
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012 folder
- then click the ‘Fix‘ button.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD Architecture 2012 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64bit!
Installing ADT 2011 Service Packs
We recommend that you download and install the latest Service Packs from Autodesk which can be found here. You must install Update 1, then Update 2
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011 Update 1 – install as normal
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011 Update 2 – install as normal
– If your AutoCAD crashes while interacting with the Ribbon click here
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD