If you are having problems installing your Qualcomm Eudora 7.1 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit with errors like…
“Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Eudora Project. The Windows Installer cannot continue”
…then read on…
Installing your Eudora 7.1 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here – you need version 4.10 or newer
- Copy your Eudora_7.1.<version>.exe setup program to a folder on your hard drive, say C:\InstallDisks\Eudora
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool and select the 2nd tab called “Old Program Reviver”
- Select the path to C:\InstallDisks\Eudora
- Select the ‘Run As” option to Windows 2000
- Next, click the ‘Fix Old Program‘ button.
- Once the process is complete, using Windows Explorer, double click the C:\InstallDisks\Eudora\Eudora_7.1.<version>.exe to install as normal
- Once installed, and before running the application…
- Go back to the Reviver application, select the 2nd tab called “Old Program Reviver”
- Pick the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\Eudora then then click the ‘Fix Old Program‘ button.
- Now you can happily run your Eudora!
Copyright 2016 (c) Longbow Software