NOTE: We currently only support US unlocked versions of 2004 on 64bit OS. European or locked US support 2004 is limited only to 32bit Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10.
Installing AutoCAD 2004 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Copy your AutoCAD 2004 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\CDs\acad2004
- Start the Longbow Converter tool…
- select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver“
- pick the c:\Autodesk\CDs\acad2004 folder
- click the “Run Old Installer” button
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK.
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program…
- navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\acad2004 (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2004)**
- While installing…
- If you see an error in install “.NET Runtime Optimization Service has stopped working” – simply ignore by clicking the “Close Program” button
- Do not reboot if asked to do so
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver”
- pick the newly installed c:\acad2004 folder
- click the “Fix Old Program” button and wait for the process to complete
- Now you can run happily your AutoCAD 2004 in Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8 both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: If you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues”, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…”
- Download your AutoCAD 2004 Sp1
- Copy the service pack exe installer to folder path c:\Autodesk\sp
- Start the Converter, select the 3rd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\sp folder and click Fix.
- Now you can run the service pack exe installer from Windows explorer as normal