As an existing AutoCAD R14 user, you most likely cannot do without you AutoCAD R14. With the latest hardware and required move to new Windows versions, trying to install your AutoCAD R14 gives an error like this one…
NOTE: We have had the best success installing this product using our Converter solution on Windows 8 and Windows 10
Installing your AutoCAD R14 on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Before starting, we recommend turning off Windows UAC before installing AutoCAD R14
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire AutoCAD R14 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\R14CD
- Start the Longbow Converter application…
- Select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver“
- Using the “…” button, pick the c:\Autodesk\R14CD folder path (where you copied your R14 CD to in step 2)
- Next, click the “Run Old Installer” button.
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK.
- Now, I know it’s unheard of these days, but at this point expect to wait up to 45 minutes for your AutoCAD R14 setup.exe program to appear
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next steps all the way to the end!
- If your AutoCAD R14 setup does not start after 45 minutes, read the Troubleshooting section below.
- In the AutoCAD R14 setup program…
- Now carry on with the install (do not reboot once the install is complete).
- Ignore any errors related to not being able to create the shortcut e.g. “Cannot Create folder ‘AutoCAD R14’“, you will have to create a shortcut on your computer Desktop to your c:\acadR14\acad.exe by hand.
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Once your AutoCAD R14 setup has completed the installation…
- Go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- Using the “…” button, pick the newly installed c:\acadR14 folder
- Next click the “Fix Old Program” button.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD R14 on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to c:\acadR14 and double click acad.exe
- If your AutoCAD R14 setup is not starting after 45 minutes…
- If you are getting either a Bad Mem Pointer error and or a Smartheap handler recursively re-entered error when you start your AutoCAD R14 then you need to re-run all the steps above, taking care to do each step precisely as it says, most likely you are missing from step 5 or you have not installed to c:\acadR14 as stated in step 4.
- If you are getting a WinHelp() error when pressing F1 to try and access the Help system then simply install the WinHelp (WinHlp32.exe) module from Microsoft
- Issues with Calcomp Digitizer – Calcomp Digitizer not working
- If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD