If you are receiving either an “Out of memory” or “Memory allocation error” while trying to plot inside of AutoCAD 2000, then you are most likely missing the AutoCAD 2000 patch called “plotupdate”.
This blog documents how to install the “plotupdate” patch on Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64bit. NOTE: You will have needed to install AutoCAD 2000 first
Here is the English readme for the AutoCAD 2000 plotupdate patch which explains what it specifically addresses. Click here for French, German, Italian and Spanish readme for plotupdate.exe
Here’s how to patch your AutoCAD 2000 with the plotupdate.exe
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Next download the Plotupdate.exe for AutoCAD 2000 zip and unzip to the folder c:\Autodesk, it will unzip to c:\Autodesk\Plotupdate2000
- Start the Longbow Converter tool and select the 2nd tab ‘Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver‘, select the path c:\Autodesk\Plotupdate2000, then click the ‘Run Old Installer‘ button
- When asked “Is this an installation media, a service pack/update or plug-in/app for AutoCAD?” say Yes
- Next, read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK… Now, I know it’s unheard of these days, but at this point expect to wait at least 45 minutes for the AutoCAD 2000 Plotupdate setup.exe program to appear.
- Once the setup starts, install as normal (simply accept all defaults).
- Now run your AutoCAD 2000 and plot as normal
If your PlotUpdate setup is not starting after 45 minutes
- try rebooting, then restart the steps above. If it is still failing, most likely it’s because of another application on your system which is preventing our setup routine from starting (perhaps anti-virus, or similar)
Copyright 2015 (c) Longbow Software