Installing Mechanical Desktop 6 (MDT 2002) on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Copy your Mechanical Desktop 6 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\mdt2002
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\mdt2002 folder, and click Run. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mdt2002 (not Program Files (x86)\Mechanical 6**
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\mdt2002 folder and click Fix.
- Now you can happily run your Mechanical Desktop 6.
- If you are getting a WinHelp() error when pressing F1 to try and access the Help system then simply install the WinHelp (WinHlp32.exe) module from Microsoft
- If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD