NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD® 2010”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD® 2010. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
- “Checking License…”
Installing AutoCAD 2010 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- If you have CDs (if not check (3) below):
- Using Windows Explorer, backup/copy Disk 1 of your AutoCAD 2010 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\CDs\AutoCAD2010
- If you have more CD’s, backup/copy them all directly over the top of Disk 1, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\CDs\AutoCAD2010 folder
- If you have a single self extracting exe downloaded from Autodesk
- Run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\CDs\AutoCAD2010)…
- Now click OK.
- Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, the AutoCAD 2010 setup will automatically launch – simply close it and move to the next step.
- Next, start the Longbow Converter tool
- select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- pick the folder where you just copied your AutoCAD CD to; namely the c:\Autodesk\CDs\AutoCAD2010 folder
- then click the Convert button.
- Once the conversion process is complete
- click Install/Run Setup to start setup.
- Simply install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users: Once the installation process is complete…
- go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2010 folder
- then click “Fix Old Program“.
- Now you can happily run your 32bit AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10!
Installing AutoCAD 2010 Service Packs
AutoCAD 2010 has 2 service packs, instead of calling them sp1 and sp2 they decided to call them Update1 and Update2. You only need to install Update2 because it already includes Update1.
- Download the AutoCAD 2010 Update 2 (sp2)
- Unzip and simply run the autocad2010update2.exe to install the update
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Did you just upgrade your AutoCAD to Windows 10 without uninstalling AutoCAD first? Read this post
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD