These instructions solve issues around installing/running your old AutoCAD 2010 on newer versions of 64bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Some common issues are error messages like these…
“This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD 2010”
You can automatically solve these problems using our Longbow Converter App, it fixes and manages the AutoCAD 2010 installation so that you can be up and running again… Follow these instructions:
How to install AutoCAD 2010
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Start the Converter App and note the user interface
- Select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- Using the “. . .” button, selection your AutoCAD installation CD
- Next, click the “Convert“ button and follow instructions
- Once the conversion process is complete
- click Install/Run Setup to start setup
- Simply install as normal, remembering to…
- Close the setup program when the installation is complete.
- Now back in the Converter app and make sure it’s completed the final stage of processing using the “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver” tab
- Now run your AutoCAD as normal
Installing AutoCAD 2010 Service Packs
AutoCAD 2010 has 2 service packs, instead of calling them sp1 and sp2 they decided to call them Update1 and Update2. You only need to install Update2 because it already includes Update1.
- Download the AutoCAD 2010 Update 2 (sp2)
- Unzip and simply run the autocad2010update2.exe to install the update
- If your installed AutoCAD is hanging on startup then read this post first AutoCAD Freezes on startup (AutoCAD visible but the menus don’t appear)
- if your AutoCAD hangs on startup (stuck at the “Checking License…” message, try installing the 32bit version of AutoCAD 2010 on 64bit Windows – we’ve actually found the 32bit AutoCAD 2010 running on 64bit Windows is much more stable and actually faster than the 64bit version of AutoCAD 2010.
- If your AutoCAD crashes while interacting with the Ribbon click here
- If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
- If your Windows hangs on startup after installing please refer to this help blog
Copyright 2019 (c) Longbow Software
I’m trying to determine if longbow converter v9 will work on land desktop 2009, if I purchase a new computer ie; hp envy m7 u109DX. Specifically, I want to buy a new computer, but my land desktop 2009 will not work in Windows 10. Will longbow converter v9 work?
Please contact Longbow Software support about this question – https://shop.longbowsoftware.com/contactus.sc
it is very good sofvare
32 bit for window 7
this is good soft wear
verynice its working good
Used Autocad 10 in the old days for work . I have since retired and have a 64 Bit comp. I would like to have Autocad 10 for a 64 Bit Comp. It will be used for recreation and not business . I am not prepared to pay the going price .