Installing AutoCAD 2002 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire AutoCAD 2002 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\acad2002
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\acad2002 folder, and click Run. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\acad2002 (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2002 as usually prompted by default)**
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You may find that entering the path C:\acad2002 may not take (a bug in the AutoCAD 2002 installer). In that case, you will need to select the installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD 2002 in step (5) below
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\acad2002 folder and click Fix.
- Now, you can happily run your AutoCAD 2002 on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.