These instructions solve issues around installing/running your old AutoCAD 2008 on newer versions of 64bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Some more common issues stopping you from using your AutoAD are error messages like these…
“This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD 2008”
“FATAL ERROR: Unhandled 0x… Exception…”
You can solve all the problems with your AutoCAD 2008 automatically by using our Longbow Converter App, it fixes and manages the AutoCAD 2008 installation so that you can be up and running again.
How to install AutoCAD 2008
- Obtain your purchased copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Start the Converter App
- Insert your AutoCAD 2008 CD into your CDRom drive…
- Select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- Using the “. . .” button, select your AutoCAD 2008 installation CD
- Next, click the “Convert“ button and follow instructions
- Once the conversion process is complete
- click Install/Run Setup to start setup
- Simply install as normal, remembering to…
- Fully close the AutoCAD setup application once complete
- Close the Converter App.
Installing the AutoCAD 2008 Service Packs
Installing AutoCAD 2008 sp1
- Download the Download the AutoCAD 2008 sp1 zip from here (autocad2008lockedsp1.exe)
- Unzip the zip file and simply run the autocad2008lockedsp1.exe – 32-bit as normal
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD