NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD LT® 2011”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD LT® 2011. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
Installing AutoCAD LT 2011 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- If you have CDs (if not check (3) below):
- Using Windows Explorer, copy Disk 1 of your AutoCAD LT 2011 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\AutoCAD2011
- If you have more CD’s, copy them all directly over the top of Disk 1, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\AutoCAD2011 folder
- If you have a single self extracting exe downloaded from Autodesk (something like AutoCAD_LT_2011_Multilingual_Americas_WIN_32bit.exe)
- Run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\AutoCAD2011), now click OK. Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, the AutoCAD LT 2011 setup will automatically launch – simply close it and move to the next step.
- Now, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 1st tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\AutoCAD2011 folder, and click the Convert button.
- Once the conversion process is complete, click Install/Run Setup to start setup. Simply install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users: Once the installation process is complete, go back to the Converter, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2011 folder, then click Fix.
- Now you can happily run your 32bit AutoCAD LT 2011 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10!
Installing AutoCAD LT 2011 Service Packs
AutoCAD LT 2011 has 2 updates, you must install Update 1.1 first then Update 2… Here are the instructions for installing the AutoCAD LT 2011 service packs
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD