Installing Microsoft Money 2000 on WIndows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (both 32bit and 64bit) can be very easily defined in these short steps…
- First, you need to purchase a copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here (you need V4.21 or later)
- Using Windows Explorer, backup your entire Microsoft Money 2000 installation CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\InstallCDs\Microsoft Money 2000
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool
- select the 1st tab “Old Installer Reviver“
- then using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\InstallCDs\Microsoft Money 2000 folder
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer’ button
- Read and understand all the prompts that appear, then continue by clicking OK.
- Once the Microsoft Money 2000 setup appears, install as normal *except* when prompted for the installation path, set it to c:\MsMoney2000 e.g.
- Once the setup is complete
- Do not reboot (if prompted to do so)
- Now Microsoft Money 2000 is installed, next
- Make sure the Microsoft Money 2000 setup is completely closed, then in the Longbow Reviver tool…
- Select the 2nd tab “Old Program Reviver“
- Using the ‘…’ button, pick the newly installed C:\MsMoney2000 folder
- Set the Run As dropdown to
Windows 95Windows NT 4 (sp5)
- next, click ‘Fix Old Program’
- Say ‘No’ if the Reviver tool asks if you want to re-register… e.g.
- Now you can happily run your Microsoft Money 2000 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10!
Copyright 2018 (c) Longbow Software