If you are having problems installing your DrafixCAD on your new PC, like you are unable to run the setup.exe as shown below, then read on…
NOTE: DrafixCAD 3.0 is not currently supported on 64bit Windows, you will need 32bit Windows.
Installing your DrafixCAD on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here – you need version 4.10 or newer
- Copy your entire Drafix CAD CD to a folder on your hard drive, say C:\DrafixCAD\CD
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool and select the 1st tab “Old Installer Reviver”
- Next, Select the path to C:\DrafixCAD\CD, once selected, hit the ‘Fix Old Installer‘ button.
- Once revived, the Reviver will force the setup.exe to start up. It may take up to 45 minutes to start, so go and make some coffee!
- When the DrafixCAD setup appears, Install as normal, but make sure:
- Don’t install to C:\Program Files (x86), instead, make sure you select a path like C:\Apps\DrafixCAD
- Don’t reboot if prompted to do so
- Once installed, before running the application, select the 2rd tab in the Reviver tool and then select the path C:\Apps\DrafixCAD, then click the ‘Fix Old Program‘ button.
- Now you can happily run your DrafixCAD!
- NOTE: DrafixCAD 3.0 is not currently supported on 64bit Windows, you will need 32bit Windows.
Copyright 2017 (c) Longbow Software