Installing AutoCAD LDT 2005 on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Copy your LDT 2005 installation CD media to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\ldt2005
- NOTE: If you have more CD’s, simply copy the contents of each CD directly over the top of Disk 1, basically, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\ldt2005 folder with the files from each of the CDs
- Next, start the Longbow Converter tool
- select the 2nd tab named “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver“
- pick the c:\Autodesk\ldt2005 folder (where you copied your LDT CDs to on your hard drive)
- click the Run Old Installer button.
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK.
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, with these exceptions… (if you cannot move past the first screen in the setup, see Trouble Shooting below)…
- When you click the Install link from your setup you may see a dialog box appear saying – “This program has compatibility issues” – simply check the “Don’t show this message again” and then click the “Run the program without getting help”.
- When you arrive at the installation folder path setup dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\ldt2005 (not C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk Land Desktop 2005 that is defaulted)**.
- If asked to reboot after the install, say NO
- Once installed
- do not reboot
- make sure you fully close the AutoCAD setup program (because the Converter is waiting for the setup program to fully close) then
- go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- pick the newly installed c:\ldt2005 folder
- click the Fix Old Program button.
- Now you can run your Autodesk LDT 2005 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: When starting AutoCAD, if you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues“, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…“
– If you are seeing this error when running either the “Import LandXML” or “Export LandXML” commands
then LDT 2005 Fixed VBA Modules into the same folder as your acad.exe (using the instructions above, it should be c:\ldt2005)
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation setprocess crashes immediately on startup:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
- If all else fails, call Autodesk – they can authorize your software for you; you will need to give them proof of purchase, your serial number and request code.
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Copyright 2016 (c) Longbow Software