Most current AutoCAD Map R3 users are very used to the software package and cannot do without it. With the latest hardware and required move to new Windows versions, trying to install your AutoCAD gives an error like this one…
…all is not lost, just read on…
How to install AutoCAD Map R3
NOTE: We have had the best success installing this product using our Converter solution on Windows 8 and Windows 10, in fact, we strongly advise using Windows 10 for this product.
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Before starting, we recommend turning off Windows UAC before installing AutoCAD Map R3
- Start the Longbow Converter tool by double clicking the Longbow Converter shortcut on your Desktop… .
- Insert your AutoCAD Map R3 CD
- Select the 2nd tab titled “Old AutoCAD Installer Reviver” by clicking on it
- Next, using the ‘…’ button select your AutoCAD CD
- Now click the “Run Old Installer” button.
- Read, understand and follow all the prompts.
- Read the next step!
- Now, I know it’s unheard of these days, but at this point expect to wait at least 45 minutes for your AutoCAD 2000 setup.exe program to fully appear
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\mapR14 (not Program Files (x86)\Land Desktop as usually prompted)**
- Now carry on with the install, ignore any errors related to:
- not being able to “…create the folder ‘AutoCAD Map Release 3”, you will have to create a shortcut on your computer Desktop to your c:\mapR14\acad.exe by hand.
- Failing to register DAO3032.dll, this will be automatically fixed later by the Converter
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool
- select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“
- Using the “. . .” button pick the newly installed c:\mapR14 folder
- click Fix Old Program.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD Map R3 on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit
Installing AutoCAD Map R3 Service Pack 1
- Download AutoCAD R14 Map R3 sp1 from here
- Unzip your newly downloaded sp to folder path c:\Autodesk\sp
- Start the Converter, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\sp\AutoCAD R14 Map R3 sp1 folder and click ‘Run’
- Wait for the setup to appear, it could take up to 45 minutes, then install as normal
- If you are getting either a Bad Mem Pointer error and or a Smartheap handler recursively re-entered error when you start your AutoCAD Map R3 then you need to re-run all the steps above, taking care to do each step precisely as it says.
- If the Converter complains that “Cannot convert this AutoCAD R14, there was a problem updating the dependencies” – AutoCAD R14 must be installed first, please contact Longbow Software Support and explain this comment to them
- If you are getting a WinHelp() error when pressing F1 to try and access the Help system then simply install the WinHelp (WinHlp32.exe) module from Microsoft
- Issues with Calcomp Digitizer – Calcomp Digitizer not working
- If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Copyright 2019 (c) Longbow Software