Installing your Adobe Photoshop 6.0 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
How to install Adobe Photoshop 6
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here – you need version 4.10 or newer
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire Adobe Photoshop 6 install CD media to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\InstallCDs\Adobe\Photoshop6
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool…
- select the 1st tab “Old Installer Reviver“
- using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\InstallCDs\Adobe\Photoshop6 folder
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer’ button
- Read and understand all the prompts that appear, then continue by clicking OK.
- You will need to wait up to 45 minutes before seeing the Adobe Photoshop 6.0 setup screen appear, be patient!
- If you have waited 90 minutes and nothing has appeared, reboot into Safe Mode and try this same process again.
- Once your Adobe Photoshop 6.0 setup screen appears, install as normal except:
- When you arrive at the install to ‘Destination Folder” – it is vitally important that you install to c:\adobe\photoshop6 (not C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0 as normally prompted)
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Now Photoshop is installed, go back to the the Longbow Reviver tool
- select the 2nd tab “Old Program Reviver“
- using the “…” button pick the newly installed c:\adobe\photoshop6 folder
- Set the “Run As” Option to “Windows 98“
- click ‘Fix Old Program’
- Say ‘Yes’ if the Reviver tool asks if you want to re-register…
- Now you can happily run your Adobe Photoshop 6 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit!
Installing the Photoshop 7 Upgrade
If you have a Adobe Photoshop 7 Upgrade CD, simply follow the same instructions as detailed here – Installing Adobe Photoshop 7 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- If your setup is not appearing within 1 hour, reboot into Safe Mode and try the same process as above again.