If you are having problems installing your CSG V3 for AutoCAD R14 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit with errors like…
…then read on…
Installing your CSG V3 for AutoCAD R14 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here – you need version 4.10 or newer
- Unzip the contents of this zip file CSG Editor V3 for R14 into C:\InstallDisks\CSGR14
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool and select the 2nd tab called “Old Program Reviver”
- Select the path to C:\InstallDisks\CSGR14
- Select the ‘Run As” option to Windows 2000
- Next, click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer‘ button.
- Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Now, I know it’s unheard of these days, but at this point expect to wait at least 45 minutes for your CSG setup.exe program to appear.
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- If your CSG setup does not start after 45 minutes, read the Troubleshooting section below.
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder input dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to your existing AutoCAD R14 folder – install to c:\acadR14 (not c:\Program Files\CSG as usually prompted)**
- Now carry on with the install (do not reboot once the install is complete).
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Once installed, start AutoCAD R14
- If CSG doesn’t startup automaticaly, run the APPLOAD command, navigate to c:\acadR14 and load the CSG3.arx
- Now you can happily run your CSG V3 in AutoCAD R14 running on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit
- If your CSG V3 setup is not starting after 45 minutes, try rebooting, then restart the steps above.
- If it is still failing, most likely it’s because of another application on your system which is preventing our setup routine from starting (perhaps anti-virus, or similar) – try installing CSG from Windows Safe Mode
Copyright 2016 (c) Longbow Software