Most likely, the reason you found this page is because your Adobe Illustrator 10 Autoplay does nothing when you click the “Adobe Illustrator 10” install button…
…the good news is, that it can be solved!
Installing your Adobe Illustrator 10 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
How to install Adobe Illustrator 10
A quick word of advice: best to follow the instructions below precisely and to the letter, including folder names and paths, that way you will reduce the risk of having any problems…
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Reviver tool here – you need version 4.10 or newer
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire Adobe Illustrator 10 install CD media to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\InstallCDs\Adobe\Illustrator10
- Start the Longbow Reviver tool, select the 1st tab “Old Installer Reviver“, then using the ‘…’ button pick the c:\InstallCDs\Adobe\Illustrator10\Adobe Illustrator 10.0.3 folder
- Now click the ‘Fix and Run Old Installer’ button
- Read and understand all the prompts that appear, then continue by clicking OK.
- Once your Adobe Illustrator 10 setup screen appears, install as normal except:
- As shown just below, when you arrive at the install to ‘Destination Folder” – it is vitally important that you install to c:\adobe\illustrator 10 (not C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Illustrator 10.0.3 as normally prompted)
- Do not reboot if prompted to do so
- Now Illustrator is installed. In the Longbow Reviver tool, select the 2nd tab “Old Program Reviver“, pick the newly installed c:\adobe\illustrator 10 folder and click ‘Fix Old Program’
- Say ‘No’ if the Reviver tool asks if you want to re-register…
- Now you can happily run your Adobe Illustrator 10 on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit!
- If your setup is not appearing within 1 hour, reboot into Safe Mode and try the same process as above again.