NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation of AutoCAD ADT 2009…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD® Architecture®”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD® Architecture® 2009. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
Installing AutoCAD Architecture 2009 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- If you have CDs:
- Using Windows Explorer, copy Disk 1 of your ADT CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\adt2009
- Next, if you have a second CD, copy Disk 2 of your ADT CD directly over the top of Disk 1, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\adt2009 folder
- Same again for Disk 3, if there is one
- If you have a single self extracting exe downloaded from Autodesk
- Run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\adt2009), now click OK. Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, note that the ADT 2009 setup will automatically launch – make sure you close the setup and move to the next step.
- Now, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“, using the “…” button select the c:\Autodesk\adt2009 folder, and click the “Convert“ button.
- If the Converter complains that this is not a 32bit installer, make sure you select the folder which contains the setup.exe and the setup.ini files in the root of the installation media
- Once the conversion process is complete, click the “Install/Run Setup“ to start the setup.
- Now, just install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users: Once the installation process is complete, go back to the Converter, select the 3rd tab named “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver“, pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD Architecture 2009 folder, then click ‘Fix’.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD Architecture 2009 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64bit!
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD