Your 64bit AutoCAD Architecture 2009 (ADT 2009) was never designed to run in Windows 8 or Windows 10 64bit (these versions of Windows are newer than ADT 2009). In order for your ADT 2009 to run as it did in previous versions of Windows, you need to follow these easy steps…
Install 64bit AutoCAD 2009
- Make sure all previous installed versions of AutoCAD 2009 are uninstalled first.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Start the Converter tool
- Pick the 1st tab named “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter“
- Using your mouse, right click the tab text “AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter” so that it changes to “AutoCAD 64bit Installer Converter“
- Next, using the “…” button, select your AutoCAD installation CD and follow the instructions presented by the Converter tool user interface.
- Once the conversion process is complete
- click Install/Run Setup to start setup
- Simply install as normal, remembering to…
- Close the setup program when the installation is complete.
- Now back in the Converter app and make sure it’s completed the final stage of processing using the “Old AutoCAD Program Reviver” tab
- Now run your AutoCAD as normal
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way
Installing ADT 2009 Service Packs
We recommend that you download and install the latest Service Packs from Autodesk which can be found here. NOTE: Update 3 contains Update 1 and 2 also.
- AutoCAD Architecture 2009 Update 3 – install as normal
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD