NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD LT®”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD LT® 2014. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
Installing AutoCAD LT 2014 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- If you have CDs (if not check (3) below):
- Using Windows Explorer, copy Disk 1 of your AutoCAD LT 2014 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2014
- If you have more CD’s, copy them all directly over the top of Disk 1, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2014 folder
- If you have a single self extracting exe downloaded from Autodesk called something like AutoCAD_LT_2014_English_Win_32bit.exe
- Simply run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2014), now click OK. Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, the AutoCAD LT 2014 setup will automatically launch – simply close it and move to the next step.
- Now, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 1st tab named ‘AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter‘
- pick the c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2014 folder
- click the ‘Convert‘ button.
- Once the conversion process is complete
- Click ‘Install/Run Setup‘ to start setup
- Install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users: Once the installation process is complete…
- go back to the Converter, select the 3rd tab named ‘Old AutoCAD Program Reviver‘
- Pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014 folder
- Click ‘Fix Old Program‘.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD LT 2014 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10!
– If your AutoCAD crashes while interacting with the Ribbon click here
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD