NOTE: This blog post specifically solves issues related to these error messages on installation…
- “This operating system is not supported by AutoCAD LT®”
- “You cannot install this product on the current operating system”
- “You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system”
- “This is a 32-bit AutoCAD LT® 2013. It cannot be installed on 64-bit Windows”
Installing AutoCAD LT 2013 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Make sure all previous installed versions of AutoCAD 2013 are uninstalled first.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- If you have CDs (if not check (3) below):
- Using Windows Explorer, copy Disk 1 of your AutoCAD LT 2013 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2013
- If you have more CD’s, copy them all directly over the top of Disk 1, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2013 folder
- If you have a single self extracting exe downloaded from Autodesk called something like AutoCAD_LT_2013_English_Win_32bit.exe
- Simply run the exe, it will ask to unzip to a folder inside of c:\Autodesk, make a note of the folder for later use (we’ll refer to it from here as c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2013), now click OK. Wait until all of the files have extracted, when they do, the AutoCAD LT 2013 setup will automatically launch – simply close it and move to the next step.
- Now, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 1st tab named ‘AutoCAD 32bit Installer Converter‘
- pick the c:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT2013 folder
- click the ‘Convert‘ button.
- Once the conversion process is complete
- Click ‘Install/Run Setup‘ to start setup
- Install as normal.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users: Once the installation process is complete…
- go back to the Converter, select the 3rd tab named ‘Old AutoCAD Program Reviver‘
- Pick the newly installed C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013 folder
- Click ‘Fix Old Program‘.
- Now you can happily run your AutoCAD LT 2013 32bit on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10!
Installing AutoCAD LT 2013 Service Packs
There are 2 sp’s for AutoCAD LT 2013, these are the the 32bit versions of the sp’s
- Here’s sp1 – AutoCAD LT 2013 sp1 – install as normal
- Here’s sp2 – AutoCAD LT 2013 sp2 – install as normal
– If your AutoCAD crashes while interacting with the Ribbon click here
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD