Installing AutoCAD Civil3d 2007 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
IMPORTANT NOTE: Autodesk no longer supply License Activation codes for this version of AutoCAD. The best way is to transfer your existing license to the new PC but there are other options, we document them here
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Copy your Civil3d 2007 installation CD media to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\civil3d2007
- NOTE: If you have more CD’s, simply copy the contents of each CD directly over the top of Disk 1, basically, overwrite all files in your previously copied c:\Autodesk\civil3d2007 folder with the files from each of the CDs
- Next, start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\civil3d2007 folder (where you copied your Civil3d CDs to on your hard drive), and click the Run Old Installer button. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, with these exceptions… (if you cannot move past the first screen in the setup, see Trouble Shooting below)…
- When you click the Install link from your setup you may see a dialog box appear saying – “This program has compatibility issues” – simply check the “Don’t show this message again” and then click the “Run the program without getting help”.
- When you arrive at the installation folder path setup dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\civil3d2007 (not C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 that is defaulted)**.
- If asked to reboot after the install, say NO
- Once installed, do not reboot, make sure you fully close the AutoCAD setup program (because the Converter is waiting for the setup program to fully close) then go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\civil3d2007 folder and click the Fix Old Program button.
- Now you can run your Autodesk Civil3d 2007 on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8, both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: When starting AutoCAD, if you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues”, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…”
– If you cannot navigate to the next page in the Setup (because clicking on the install links does nothing)…
- Having completed steps 1 through 3 above, Start Windows Explorer and navigate to c:\Autodesk\civil3d2007\bin\installer then run Setup.exe
- Once setup.exe starts, resume the instructions above starting at step 4 above
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
- Perhaps you have a SATA drive – Activation problems with AutoCAD 2006 and AutoCAD 2007
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Copyright 2015 (c) Longbow Software