Installing AutoCAD LDT 2006 on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
NOTE: These steps do not bypass normal Autodesk licensing/authorization, you should expect to use your own serial numbers in the normal way.
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Start In the Converter tool
- Next, click the File menu’s “Backup CD to Disk”
- Follow the prompts
- Once the backup is completed
- click the Run Old Installer button… Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK.
- Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, with these exceptions… (if you cannot move past the first screen in the setup, see Trouble Shooting below)…
- When you click the Install link from your setup you may see a dialog box appear saying – “This program has compatibility issues” – simply check the “Don’t show this message again” and then click the “Run the program without getting help”.
- When you arrive at the installation folder path setup dialog, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\ldt2006 (not C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk Land Desktop 2006 that is defaulted)**.
- If asked to reboot after the install, say NO
- Once installed, do not reboot, make sure you fully close the AutoCAD setup program (because the Converter is waiting for the setup program to fully close) then go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\ldt2006 folder and click the Fix Old Program button.
- Now you can run your Autodesk LDT 2006 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, both 32bit and 64bit.
- NOTE: When starting AutoCAD, if you see a warning dialog when you run saying “This program has known compatibility issues“, simply click “Don’t show this message again” and then click “Run the Program…“
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation process crashes immediately on startup:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
- Perhaps you have a SATA drive – Activation problems with AutoCAD 2006 and AutoCAD 2007
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD
Copyright 2017 (c) Longbow Software