Installing Civil3d 2006 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 32bit or 64bit can be very easily defined in these short steps…
IMPORTANT NOTE: Autodesk no longer supply License Activation codes. Once you have installed your AutoCAD (following the instructions below) you will need to authorize/activate your AutoCAD yourself, find out how by clicking here
- Obtain your copy of the Longbow Converter here
- Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire Civil3d 2006 CD to your hard drive, to a folder path c:\Autodesk\civil3d2006
- Start the Longbow Converter tool, select the 2nd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\civil3d2006 folder, and click Run. Read and understand all the prompts before pressing OK. Once the setup starts, stop and read the next step…
- In the setup program, navigate through each setup dialog as normal, except when you get to the installation folder, **it’s vitally important to make sure you install to c:\civil3d2006 (not Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD Civil3d 2006 as usually prompted by default)**
- Once installed, go back to the Converter tool, select the 3rd tab, pick the newly installed c:\civil3d2006 folder and click Fix.
- Now you can happily run your Civil3d 2006 on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Installing the Civil3d 2006 Service Pack 2
- For English users, click to Download the Civil3d 2006 sp2 (C3D2006_SP2.exe)
- For non-English click to select Civil3d 2006 sp2 language
- Now Copy the C3D2006_SP2.exe to folder path c:\Autodesk\sp
- Start the Converter, select the 3rd tab, pick the c:\Autodesk\sp folder and click Fix.
- Now run the C3D2006_SP2.exe from Windows explorer to install.
– If you are unable to activate your product, or the activation crashes:
- Try uninstalling the July 2014 Microsoft security update
- Try downgrading your Internet Explorer (IE) from version 11 to version 10 by following the instructions detailed here
- Perhaps you have a SATA drive – Activation problems with AutoCAD 2006 and AutoCAD 2007
– If you have crashing problems using the File->Open or File->Save dialogs inside of AutoCAD please read this blog entry on the File->Open or File->Save Crash in AutoCAD